Monday, September 17, 2012

Yeah, I love a good sports car.

I'm a huge fan of cartoons. No surprises there I'm sure. I also love analogies. In order to wrap my head around things, put things in perspective and just handle everything I've used silly analogies.

My favorite is that I'm a Ferrari.
Never doubt that I'm red.
I am amazing. Plush, sleek, fun and oh so good to the driver. Sure Ferrari's have their faults but not many Ferrari owners complain. In fact, truthfully, most people don't aim that high.
Most people are extremely happy with a Toyota or Honda. I'm personally a huge Honda fan. Reliability and all.
I started thinking that I was a Ferrari when Tyler was diagnosed with a brain tumor. This humorous thought was a coping mechanism for me. I would tell myself that I was simply being thrown in high gear and wasn't used to it but was taking the corners beautifully. I was made by God for speed and high performance.

I'm discovering that not only had I been letting the wrong person drive (me) I've also been looking at trials the wrong way. I needed to remember my analogy. That I was a Ferrari, built for speed and high performance.

I'm kinda showing alot of wear these days but it doesn't change my intrinsic value. Even in a junk yard a Ferrari is worth more than a Ugo. (spelling? you know the dumpy little car I'm talking about)
You can throw a Ferrari away but that doesn't change the fact that the right set of eyes will know exactly what they are looking at.

I also delight in playfully naming my friends and family. Katie is of course a red Ferrari like her mom. Tyler is perhaps a Range Rover? Or Muscle Car? Something all boy but built for a rough time. After all this kid is amazing and no one would ever know the trauma he has had to endure. (FUCK TUMORS).

I'm thinking KIA, fits Mike. Cute and likable enough on the outside but that's it.
You can see how this is fun, yes?

I'm getting alot of loving advice to slow down. It's not really possible. I've gone as slow as I can. The trigger was pulled and not by me. I'm simply letting God back in the drivers seat and letting him teach me how I was built for speed. Built for Higher Performance. I'm going to learn again how the right driver takes corners with precision.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment