Monday, September 17, 2012

The begining of the end.



Mike and I sat down tonight and I told him what I'd learned from Legal Assistance on Friday.

It's pathetic really. Divorce is so easy that they have a packet you can download and fill out all by yourself. Then you file and wait. A whopping 18-30 days. That's it.

14 years of marriage, dissolved.

I'm reeling.

While I'm just crying over spilt milk here I keep thinking that if I'd just known before the affair....

Ugh.

We had a good talk. We were friendly and stayed on topic. Topics I'd prepared, cried over, prayed over and given to God. It was horribly civil.

 
So that's that. We start filling out our internet packet tomorrow. The kids will start public school and I start a crash course in Real Estate next week. I'll finish the Real Estate course by Oct 8th. The grandparents are going to visit, hug on the kids and then we move. Right now it's looking like our official move date is mid-October but I will need to call for housing first.

I'm officially getting a divorce.

I'm packing the kids, favorite toys, Christmas ornament and photos. That's it. We're starting over. It's terrifying and yet I see a bright future on the horizon.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment