Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ask and you shall recieve!

So last time I blogged I mentioned that I was done.
 I needed to DO.
 I needed to CHANGE.
Well....
I have.

Matthew 6:32-34

"What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, by you know both God and how he works.
Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."

I've got to tell you that this is exactly where I am, and I've been blown away by GOD!

Since I wrote out my thoughts I've been spending extra time trying to just worship in the moment and practice being NOT preoccupied.

Harder than it sounds.

Sounds a little weird.

You try practicing being RELAXED while visiting an Oncologist, a GI who tells you that you need to start a two month long poo journal on your son, and then a pulmonolgist who tells you it's time for a sleep study. Ugh.

It's not easy. I can see why GOD would have to tell us we need to do it. Or rather, choose it. We're given a choice.

We can get wound up and bleed worry all over.

Or

We can believe that God is bigger than everything we might encounter and that He has good plans in motion.

I'm very confident that GOD is bigger but I'm prone to stumbling and whining.

However, I'm pleased to report that when you seek GOD, you find HIM. In fact you discover HIM everywhere. It's awesome.

After choosing to be relaxed and choosing to pass control over to GOD I was then given front row tickets to the circus of life. I watched as those around me bled worry from their very pores.

Then I got called up into the ring!

Did I ever.

Without sharing details that don't belong to me, I can tell you that we humans get caught up in a TON of drama! Every last one of us could write a soap opera in minutes flat.
I felt the need for multiple showers. As if mere water could free me from worry.

Then I went to yet another Bible Study. Have I mentioned I'm an optimist?

Experiencing God.

It is already different then the studies I've been whining about. Thank God.

I'm going to love it. I can tell that it's not something I'd normally get myself into. This is me just simply obeying. I'm attending at a hovel. With possible Hobbit cast members. I'm going to struggle with feeling superior. Something I didn't think I needed to work on but recognize I do when confronted with people who can't hold a job or brush their teeth.

In just two days I've learned so very very much! Sweet relief. No more spiritual baby food.

I've been seeking and I'm finding. Way to rock MARCH!!
 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful encouragement! So happy to see positive thoughts! Love ya sister!

    ReplyDelete