Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm not fighting.

I'm feeling a need to say this again.

Colossians 3:10 You have begun to live the new life, in which you are being made new and are becoming like the One who made you. This new life brings you the true knowledge of God.

When I refer to my new life this is what I mean. I've recieved many loving messages encouraging me to fight for my marriage. Um...no?

I'm going to fight for my new life renewed in Christ.

When I was born again my body didn't change. I still looked just like me on the outside.
My new life could very well be with Mike Zeman but I'm not the one who gets to decide this.

I'm hiding my heart in Christ. I'm focusing on letting HIM decide all I do. HE's the one who will be doing all the fighting. NOT ME.

This isn't my problem anymore. I gave it, my marriage, the raising of my children, and my life to CHRIST. I'm confident that the outcome is exactly what I want. I crave to live the life GOD made for me.

God's writing this love story. The princess isn't required to slay the dragon. My Savior's got this one.

 

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, you are wise beyond your years. Many years ago, I was in a place similar to yours and took your stand. God knew the next chapter but I didn't. Take care of you and the kids and it will be as it will be.

    ReplyDelete