Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Passwords and Memory Verses

If Pinterest has done nothing else it's opened my eyes to the fact that not everybody thinks like me. I had a suspicion but there it is.
 I think that crafts are super easy.
This is not the case for many. It suprises me. I don't know why other than I take my own talents for granted.

I could easily dive into this subject on why we take our talents for granted but it would have nothing to do with the title I've choosen.
Passwords and Memory Verses.

Growing up I took learning memory verses for granted. I learned them because I had to. Now that I'm at least a smidge more mature, I'm happy to have them. I add to them and I enjoy adding all kinds of sayings to memory.
I've learned that memorizing improves your memory. No real surprise there. Your brain is a muscle. Use it or lose it.

Having all my contacts saved on my fabulous iPhone is almost a curse. I've lost the art of memorizing my friends numbers.
Growing up it was something you knew. You knew your friends phone number by heart. I barely know my own number now. It's been remembered for me.

I've also discovered that little box you check, "keep me signed in" can be something of a curse. The habit of entering the password keeps it alive for me. If I sign in too long I tend to forget my passwords. That is until I realized I could write them down in plain sight and no one would be the wiser.
Let me share with you my fabulous tip. Use the reference of a memory verse as your password. Let me demonstrate, "Cast all your cares on Him because He loves you" 1Peter5:7 Did you see that last part? three numbers, one capital and a symbol. Nice, right?

Don't get ahead of yourself and think I just gave you access to my banking. I didn't.

You can write up your verse or even buy your verse all duded up in a frame and hang it on the wall. A visual reminder of your password. Genius, if I do say so myself.

So pull out your Bible and start memorizing. It's good for so many reasons.

P.S. To throw your kids off the scent once they figure out this secret....just hang up more verses. It's entertaining if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment